Rough Terrain Forklift (Telehandler)
Rough Terrain Forklifts (also known as Rough Terrain Telescopic Handlers, Zoom Booms or Variable Reach Trucks) make a valuable contribution to the construction process by enabling materials to be unloaded from delivery vehicles, transported around construction sites and placed at height. This course addresses safe operation techniques, industry best practices, and Alberta legislation as they pertain to Rough Terrain Forklifts. The course is designed to aid those who may be operating these machines during their workday.
- Legislation and Standards as they relate to Telehandlers
- Employer and Worker Responsibilities
- Load Limitations and Calculations
- Pre-Use Check
- Personal Protective Equipment Requirements
- System Components
- Machine Specific Features
ASSESSMENT AND CERTIFICATE:
Written knowledge test (minimum 80% passing grade) and field operator assessment. Upon successful completion, the student receives a certificate valid for 3 years.