Forklifts were originally designed only for unloading and stacking. Today they are used for a multitude of different tasks, with little to no design modifications. This has produced a very challenging environment for the operators of these machines. This course will provide the participants with an opportunity to become familiar with the basic safe operation of a forklift and their skill levels will be assessed.
- Legislation and Standards as they relate to Forklifts
- Employer and Worker Responsibilities
- Load Limitations and Calculations
- Stability Pre-Use Check and Visual Inspection
- Personal Protective Equipment Requirements
- System Components
- Machine Specific Features
- Safe Operation
- Training and Competency requirements
- Recognition, Evaluation, and Control of Hazards
ASSESSMENT AND CERTIFICATE:
Written knowledge test (minimum 80% passing grade) and field operator assessment. Upon successful completion, the student receives a certificate valid for 3 years.